First Firkin Friday
Time & Location
About the Event
First Firkin Friday is a monthly event featuring a special made Firkin by a member of the community, a Merchant Pop-Up Market and Artist Showcase, including a local Charlotte Band and Food Truck, occurring ever First Friday of the month.
For June's Line Up
Firkin: Milk Stout Stout with Vanilla and Orange Zest Created by Javier Mejia. $1 of every pint sold is donated to our Charity of the Month.
Artist of the Month: Melissa Wineman Mo's Art - "Lifelong artist with the passion to create! My work ranges from paintings, drawings, repurposed jewelry, handmade bags, and more to come! ...because art!"
Local Band: Water Works - Founded on the west side of Charlotte in an old WaterWorks building, the five-piece ensemble (sax, guitars, bass, vocals, drums) brings influences spanning generations and genres. Age range from 27-61, the group stretches what it means to be a rock band through live improvisations over their originals and new takes on classic hits. The band meshes their 35 year age variances into a conversation between Jerry Garcia, Keith Richards, Branford Marsalis, and David Bryne.
Local Food Truck: Dr.Noodle - The Noodle Specialist Food Cart
1. Kevin Blackmon: Combat Crafts. Woodworker.
2. Michelle Burgess: Paparazzi Consultant. Jewelry.
3. Melissa Keeper Noonday Collection: They design and sell an inspired collection of jewelry and accessories made by Artisans across the globe.
4. Danielle Miller: Color Street: Offers a vast array of colors and nail art design.
5. Leesa Pauling: J.P. Paperie Crafts: customized home goods.
6. Rachelle Campbell L.A. Suds: L.A. Suds was founded on the idea of creating exclusive bath and cosmetic products with a Hollywood Rock-n-Roll twist that you can feel good about using.